Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Shop on Blossom Street

A dear friend lent me this book to read and what an enjoyable one it was! A story of 4 women so very different who meet taking a beginning knitting class and become friends. I can't wait to read the next in the series: A Good Yarn. I feel that while I never had the pain of infertility I identified most with Carol. Her online support group that she turns to and shares her journey with. It mirrors my own support system that began nearly 5 years ago when I was trying to conceive my youngest child, Jack.

If you love to knit, and you must if you are reading this, you should read it. A very easy read....no heavy thinking involved here....a good break between other more "deep" reads. It has inspired me even more to explore more challenging projects.

I am scheduled to attend my first SOCK class on Tuesday and I am so excited! My family is looking at me like I have gone insane to get excited over socks of all things but when I saw how cute they were I just had to give it a go. At $18 for a skein of sock yarn these better be darned cute socks! LOL They may never see the inside of shoes!

Peace and Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey chick - I have "A Good Yarn" if you want to borrow it. My best friend is reading it now, but you can have it next.
Tracie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home