Monday, May 01, 2006

Where to hide the stash???


The yarn stash that is......It's growing seems like daily because I keep finding fun stuff that I can use for making stuff for the kids and blankets and stuff like that. At first I used a simple tote bag.....ha ha ha yes that was in the early weeks....then it seemed I had TWO totes plus the bag I carried my current project. Then I UPgraded to two rubbermaid tubs. I had them underneath the end table right by "my chair". (Mike lost the chair the minute I started knitting because it had the best light and fit my ass the best....LOL)

THEN of course I found a sale this weekend. Nice cotton skeins for $1 and glitter ones for $3. Now WHO could pass that up right? Soooo....19 skeins later I was thinking .....this is not going to fit anywhere in the house. So now I needed a new container. One that could be displayed somewhere in the house but not be obtrusive. Right. So. I stumbled upon a great little 3 drawer wicker job that goes in a corner. It is almost big enough to hold ALL of my stash. If I don't include the blanket yarn for the current and next blanket and the first stuff I bought that is cheap and I hate. Maybe I will give that to my girls to learn on {wink wink}

I think I really MUST stop because I have no more room. I feel like a druggie looking where to keep his dope stash so the cops (husband) doesn't find it! Behind the toilet obviously won't work, and I can't flush it all in an emergency. I can see me standing on a corner "Pssst...hey girlie....wanna buy some glitter yarn? Real cheap....you won't be sorry. The first skein is my treat!"

Of course.....I could ALWAYS go buy another corner unit to match the one I just got.....yeah that's what I can do.....hmm....

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh Oh! MB needs an intervention!!! No worries, I know the feeling.

~Katie
http://theknitty.blogspot.com/

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He knows....

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

My dear, you are a mere babe in the woods (wools?) in the matter of stash. My stash occupies a wardrobe, a changing table, many boxes, and several Rubbermaid tubs. And that's just the yarn stash. (Wait until you hear the siren song of spinning.)

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

What lucia said. I just found a bunch of novelty yarn on sale for a dollar a skein. My stash expanded ridiculously fast!

Especially for someone who hadn't knit for nearly a decade & only recently got back into it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home