Monday, May 15, 2006

One Down, One to Go!


So I have finished my first SOCK! Duh duh duh....Ann you should be really proud of me! I went to Wal-Mart at 11:30 pm Saturday night just to get new yarn needles to finish off the last 8 stitches. It was like trying to finish a good book...you just can't go to bed until it's done.
So....HERE it is! The colors are so pretty with a hint of glitter! Pictures just really don't do it justice really.




I have already cast on and knit 3 rows for the second sock....giving it no time to get forgotton...I really enjoyed knitting these and have already thought of socks I can knit for the rest of the family....

I must give Ann some serious props for helping me RIP OUT 3 1/2 inches of the foot....I about winced watching her do it....I'll have ya know I made it all back up within the night. :) I hope I don't have to have her do that again though....LOL

12 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You rock! Why did you need new needles at 11:30 p.m.? I'm very proud of you. And, did Heather leave her pattern on the table? Hope she got a copy so she can finish hers too...great job, MB!

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the sock!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Oh I needed new sewing needles to finish it off and weave in the ends...LOL

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Congrats on your initiation into the obsession, er, pathology, er, noble art of socknitting! Your sock looks great. What yarn? What pattern?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jocele said...

Congrats on the first (of many, I'm sure) sock. They're very addicting. Beautiful colors.

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on your first sock! Welcome to the crazy side of the street - hee! (sock knitting addiction which usually has a sock yarn buying yen attached.)

No matter what else you end up knitting, it is always nice to have at least one pair of socks (or three) on the needles to pack around when waiting for appointments, etc.

blissfulknitterATgmailDOTcom

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks great! :) congrats!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Pat K said...

Nice job. What yarn?

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, this sock turned out amazing, lovely colors and such a great job you've done with it!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Hey, could you link up that mommy message board? Heather has told me about it several times and I keep forgetting to go visit. Thanks.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sock. You must be very proud and you should be. Lovely job. Pretty yarn. Another sockknitter in the fold. Yeehaw.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah your first sock! There's no turning back now. Congratulations!! It's looks fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home