Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Home Away From Home - By Request

By request of Ann........My story and my mommy board! ;)

While trying to conceive my last child, my son, I began searching on the internet for tips on getting pregnant and breastfeeding. Getting PG with my first 2 was no problemo and #3 was proving to be more challenging. Along the way I found a message board of trying to conceivers and thought hmmm....message board....Eventually I did in fact get the wonderful + and was due in October 2002. While on a board for us Due in Oct 2002 mommies I met some awesome women. Some new to mommyhood, some quite veteran at the whole dealio. Long story short, I "met" a gal who lived in my area on the board named Rachael....sometime after we had our babies we were looking for a similar board of LOCAL moms for playdates support etc. We didn't found one we liked so we started our own!

Never in a million years would we have envisioned that our baby Mommy Connection
would have become the popular success that it has. Launched in January 2002, we quickly went from a board serving St Louis Moms to Moms literally all over the world. We have about 200 members at any given time with about 100 active members.

We are a very diverse board....very young moms, mature moms, single moms, SAHM's and WOHM's. From the very religous to the very non-religious. Amazingly it works. There is not a lot of judgement but there is a TON of support. Most of all my close friends, friends who I know I could turn to in a time of need, I have met on my board. It's an amazing place.

We are a membership board. Meaning you can't just click the link, you must make an account and apply. The only requirement is that you be a mom raising your children...and you must be a pretty honest person looking for other great moms to gain support and friendship from.

Technology can be a great thing. In this case it has really changed my life! -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home