Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Socks are FINISHED!


They are so cute! I love them...although I must have been too relaxed when I knit the second one because while nearly identical in coloration, the second one I knit is looser...I must not have knit tight enough. But they are cute and I will wear them.

They were knitted on size 2.5 needles with Fortissima Colori Disco. This is the only link I could find but I could never find a "Disco" link....which is probably where the glittery strand comes in.



Picked up more sock yarn today from the trusty LYS for three more pairs....One for each of the girls and one for Mike.

I need to find a sock pattern where the top has a scalloped edge for the girls so I am off to hunt it down! If you know where I can find that for free let me know. :) Thanks for following my First Sock Saga.

Oh I forgot to mention that about halfway through the leg of my second sock I actually ventured out and KIP! At Applebees while waiting for some friends....I got some very curious inquiries from a young heavily pierced teenager who thought it was pretty neat...I was feeling all cool and great...then when I was sat I was knitting along and some ladies come walking down the aisle on their way out and just looked at me as if I dare to knit...they were about 75. I don't know if "younger people" aren't allowed to learn the sacred art of knitting but that is how I felt having them look at me like that. I won't say here what I really wanted to say to those old bitties! {wink}

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Cute yarn. And I can hook you up with ruffles... just email me when you're ready and I'll tell you how to do it. Now with that Sockotta, I usually have to go down to zeros -- hope you can get a good fabric with the needles you have....2s? Great job on the socks and what fun to knit in public. I'm surprised the ladies didn't stop and tell you about the argyle socks they used to knit. That's what I get. Maybe they looked sour 'cause they're jealous!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Love the colors! Very cute socks.

Knitting in public is fun too! I agree with Ann -- the biddies were probably just jealous. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home