Thursday, November 30, 2006

WIPS

OK, so I have felt a bit ADD lately as I have all these projects on needles and I can't tell you how many times I have started and ripped out not liking how it was knitting up...Here are a few that have been lucky enough to stay ON the needles.

Irish Hiking Scarf for Dad....don't know why it's coming out Royal when it's actually a heather navy. Its Plymouth 555 I believe as the dog must have run off with the paper that came on the skein. I bought it originally to do a hat and thought no biggie I will just grab another....yeah apparantly it's not so easy to find!??? I think I may have found a skein on ebay and anxiously awaiting it's arrival to see if it will work....otherwise I will be starting over with a brown/black Plymouth.....

















I think this is a really cute scarf I am knitting for a friend out of Nature Wool Chunky and some fun stuff....the fun stuff is knitted with a cream colored cheapy wool yarn. It's a 3/2 Rib pattern and pulled in more than I knew it would but though narrow I think it's cute. Since this pic I have done another section of fun stuff....3 stripes a narrow with a wide on either side....the rest will be the Nature Wool until its' time to duplicate on the other side.



I also have a dark grey scarf in the works for either my grandfather or DH....it's a box stitch edge and then a stockinette body....I will take a picture sometime of it...:)

Mike has requested another pair of socks....he loves his first pair and I wish I had reinforced the heel.

I would love to make my grandmother a kicky little fun fur scarf.....

OH and I AM going to knit my sons preschool teachers some cute washcloths out of cotton chenille for Christmas presents....just waiting for that same ebay order!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I have a bunch of stuff started at once too, but I don't have the excuse of much of it being presents.

I guess I'll have to change your blog name on my link to you, huh? I can't wait to see your projects in person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home